Sunday, April 3, 2011

BAMF

"Action is the foundational key to all success."
-Pablo Picasso

For almost a year now I have been planning to go to India. I was imagining myself

getting off of the plane and seeing the beauty India has to offer.

I would see myself working with the children, helping them, teaching them, learning from them...

All we had to do to recieve this dream was to earn $3,500 before the deadline.

It's funny... At first the money was the last thing on my mind. It was India! India! I get to travel around the world!

Selfish I know. But meeting after meeting my views started changing.

I had to start asking myself what is the real meaning of this trip? I needed to ask myself that question every day.

Those kids needed us. All of us. This is not a vacation. And I was so close to not making it...

However I could not give up. If I gave up I would be letting the kids down. I'd be letting myself down.

But guess what. I made it. $3,500 dollars cash all in.

No way could I have just done that by day dreaming all year about it. I had to take action. I had to work for it.

It really was a life lesson. Like the quote above. Action is the key to success.

You can't break down walls by just staring. You have to take action. You have to work for it.

And let me tell you the feeling is great! Nothing in the world feels greater then defeating those Goliaths.

Now i'm not saying that you shouldn't day dream. Becuase without that dream their would be no reason.

So dream big, and make it come alive.


"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao Tzu

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment