Friday, August 12, 2011

In-The-Moment Perspective

            Alright so I was hoping to be able to do this outside in the midnight summer air but sadly I couldn’t get the dang brightness down on this computer because it was way to bright and also because I just realized even if I could get the brightness down to zero bugs would still come towards the light and I would probably have a lot of mosquito bites all around my body. So that was a fail. However just before I had started writing this Journal Entry I went out to the still night. I was sitting in my backyard next to my dog just looking up at the sky seeing each and every individual star light up just a tiny fraction of the sky. I thought of each star as a person some is shining brighter then others but each one having purpose. You know thinking about it, if there were only one star in the sky wouldn’t it be overwhelmed with darkness? I feel like that if there were only one person on this earth. Wouldn’t that person feel overwhelmed by the world? I know this is a super cheesy thought to share for today but sometimes I’m like that. I get caught in the moment. Which I’m sure I have lost now. Anyways I realized I am one who sees from multiple perspectives. When I see a person homeless on the streets I try to understand how did he get there? Where is his family? Is he making a valiant effort trying to pick himself up or is he happy with the lifestyle he has now? Growing up I’m sure a lot of people heard the term “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. However I feel some of society keeps there thoughts to themselves, some judging the cover, others getting an idea of what this book has to Intel. Everyone has a story and for me I’d like to be able to understand and hear what their story is. Now I may not be an avid reader when it comes to books, but I love hearing the story people have to share. In life perspective is key to unity. And with the type of person I am being united is where I’d like to be. So I have decided from now on. I will go out and find my passion, share it, and ask others what theirs is and learn a little from them. Because we’re not here to always figure things out on our own, but to learn from others perspective.


P.S. I am not a writer at all and I’m sure this was just a “in the moment” entry I had. So I’m sorry for the ridiculous words ha-ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment