Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 2 (Europe & Going)

... Oh Ireland,
This place is quite deceiving. 
I wouldn't consider this place spiffy,
But the cost of things here say otherwise.
It's a really small city,
We both got bored and decided we want out.
Whether to the country side or to another country,
We don't plan on being here long. 

Camping seems a lot more difficult,
especially with the fact that there is no where to camp
because a lot of the land is privately owned. 
We'd like to see the sites of Ireland
But most of them are quite a ways out,
And we can't afford a way out there.

People here are really nice,
Although we've ran into a crazy one.
He talked a lot about how tourists and how the public is ruining Ireland's independence.
The funniest thing about that was he didn't know we were Tourists because he talked a mile second and I think he wanted us to agree with him.
Once he heard our American accents you could just see him have this awkward look. 
But he just continued going! 
*Using Ireland's famous words, "Ya understand what I'm saying?"
Then after repeating what he just said he apologized for our time and walked away. 

We walked and walked.
We saw trinity college and it was fascinating!
We found comfy couches and sat there,
Almost slept there, we were so tired.
You can only see/do so much on a budget like ours.
So sleeping on college couches didn't seem like a bad idea.

We ended up going to a cheap hostel.
10 euros a night but shared rooms.
Our roomies were awesome.
Very friendly and accommodating.
One of them told us about how he had recently bought a violin
and with our experience we gave them a short lesson on the violin.
And they offered us spirits.  

The showers/bathrooms were so weird though! 
First off you ask where the toilets are,
Not bathroom, not restroom, just toilet.
They'll be very confused otherwise.
Second, we share them with everyone in the hostel not just our roomies.
When I first went in there were tons of girls.
I thought I was in the ladies room.
But nope, they giggled as they pointed me to the toilets next to them
when I asked where the men's toilets were. 
Peeing with ladies in the room was very awkward. I'm glad I didn't have to use my other end.
Showers are just disgusting and not very private. Even wearing water shoes I still felt gross standing in them. 
Worst part is we didn't bring soap... 
The showers were very cold.
That's not even the worst part.
If they had just been cold it would've been better.
But no... The showers teased us with slightly warm water.
For me the shower felt warm so I took the opportunity to hope in, I was quite happy with their showers, right as I adjusted to the warmth the water switched to freezing cold water, and the tempting would switch right at the time your body could adjust to it.
It turned out to be the quickest shower I've ever taken

Wifi is hard to find so not sure how often I'll get to post but I will always have drafts ready!
So I may post many posts in one day. 
Also sorry if paragraphing looks weird,
My phone doesn't show me what my posts look like from a computer screen view.. 
Not sure how well we will survive.
But we still are staying positive and carrying on.


















No comments:

Post a Comment