Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 5 (Europe & Going)

We woke up at 9am because we had to be out by 10,
The lady that hosted our Bed & Breakfast had work so we had to leave early.
It was terrible.
We were so comfortable and we didn't want to leave.
We pulled ourselves up and made our way out the door.
We decided to have a nice relax day.
We got some food and chilled by the shore all day ^_^


It was beautiful.
It was relaxing.
And we had free wifi right there!
We couldn't have been happier. 
Occasionally our phones would die,
So we went down the road to the train station.


It was less beautiful.
But being able to charge our phones was great!
The train guards didn't even care!
So we would do that back and forth from the beach all day.
We were trying to find a train out of bray.
But our main objective was free housing.
We signed up for HelpXchange and couch surfed. 
Not a lot of luck but we carried on.
We ended up finding this app that shows nearby hostels. 
It was perfect!!

We found one hostel in Wicklow, 
decided to book it there instead of online.
Bought our train tickets and...
Apparently you can buy train tickets,
But really not have train to take.
when we asked what time we use them..
The guy said you'll have to wait to get a refund tomorrow -__-
Super lame.

It was late at night, we had no where to sleep.
So we sat in the train station to charge our phones.
Darien got up to use the restroom,
And I pulled out my journal & started writing.
Just as I am about to start writing in my journal
A security guy comes up to me.
I thought I was going to get in trouble
for loitering.
But he said, "do you have everything?"
I was super confused,
I asked him what he meant.
And he continued to ask if I was missing anything important.
I padded my pockets,
Phone Check.
Wallet Check.
Passport Check.
Backpack sturdy behind me.
I couldn't see/think of anything important missing.

He wouldn't stop asking, he kept saying are you sure?
I was pretty positive. 
He pulled out our inReach GPS device..
I felt so retarded.
He said someone stole it but they caught them in the act.
It blew my mind. I had it in my top pocket!
It would be near impossible for someone 
to get that without me noticing,
But low and behold someone did!

He asked info about us and we told him 
about our travels, where we were from,
what we plan on doing, if we're having fun.
He was a legit cop so we weren't worried
talking to him about us.
When he heard we were heading 
towards Cork he laughed.
Apparently we were going the wrong way.
Well kind of, 
We were going down the east coast
when Cork is south. 
Imagine being in Maryland going down 
the east coast to get to Texas.
That's the easiest way I could explain 
what we were doing.

He brought his security friends
and we talked a bit.
They gave us a lecture on how to be safe
but they helped us with much more.

Quick time out!!
We have had certain songs stuck in our heads.
The night (Day 3) we headed to Dun Laoghaire,
I had the song "Get Low" by Lil' John stuck in my head. 
Now that night we went from looking out
from old castle windows,
To walking on walls by the train.
"From the windows, to walls"
We walked for so long and we got hot.
"Till the sweat drops down our balls,"
Later that night we met 5 girls who were pretty drunk, but super helpful.
"All these bitches crawl."
That song literally followed perfectly with our day.

The day we walked all the way to Bray,
The song Thrift Shop was stuck in my head.
"I'm gunnu pop some tags, 
only got €20 in our pockets"
We needed to find jackets, quick.
Didn't want another cold sleepless night.
Darien pointed out that he had €20 
in his pocket,
I pointed out to him that it was funny he said that 
because of the song I was constantly replying in my head.
So I had givin' Darien an ultimatum of 
Either finding us jackets before 8:30pm
Or we end up going to a B&B.
"I'm, I'm, I'm hunting, looking for a come up."
We walked around for quite a bit,
Any cheap good jacket would do.
But I had gotten the win.
We didn't find one, so we were off to the B&B!
"This is freaking awesome!"
It was an old lady,
She gave us a room and it was full 
of old people stuff.
"I wear your Granadads clothes."
But we didn't care,
The comfort was amazing!
"I look in-cred-i-ble"
We sure felt incredible in those beds!
"I'm in this big ass coat."
Those beds were huge and full of blankets.
"From the Thrift Shop down the road."
Our B&B was right down the road of
our hangout spot ^_^
...Then!

As we left the beach to get our train tickets.
A singer was singing "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk.
We were up all night and those cops made our night.
We were so lucky to have their aid.
They took us back to Dublin, 
Told us to not pay for tickets on trains.
They wouldn't charge us. 
And that if we're short a place to sleep
We have the security phone number
so he can help us out(;
"We're up all night to get lucky."

Anyways,
Once we landed in Dublin we went to Isaacs Hostel.
It was soooo nice!
Super good price too, €14 each.
We shared with 8 people and had 
Tons of benefits.
Darien and I abused the ping pong table.
They had free wifi,
Tons of lounge rooms with comfy couches.
And man we slept so well.
That night was successful.

The trip has been rough,
We've had some big bumps starting into this.
But we've learned we have social skills.
People rock.
And this will benefit us a lot here soon.
Till tomorrow!!

P.S. Tuna with honey, it was quite good!

...Dun dun dun!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment