Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day ZERO (Europe & Going)

Here I go, into the abyss..
I never thought I'd be going on this journey, well anytime soon that is. 
It's funny that these trips are the most exciting trips one could dream of, but once they actually start I go into paranoia of whether or not it will happen, if I'll be ready for such an experience, or if  I'll have everything I need. I still don't feel like my pack has everything, like i'm forgetting something.. This day will be my uphill battle on this adventure,
DAY ZERO. 

Days like this I get everything packed 
I double, triple, quadruple check my bags till I have satisfied my anxiety. 
This is it.
I am taking the leap, 
and boy is it scary psyching myself up for this.
But I'm staying optimistic. 
I believe this anxiety is just preparing us for whats to come. 
Even better, it'll be helping us enjoy ourselves once we finally reach the comfort of our destination.
Wherever that should be... 

I'm still at home, waiting. Bear Lake is our first stop.
Most of my cousins have already left to reserve us a spot.
I'm sure they are still driving, it's a while away.
As for us my aunt and uncle are putting everything together...
..Figuratively..
Seems I have taken this opportunity to take a break.

Quick summary of what is going down.

My cousin and I have planned a trip to Europe.
We will be taking a single backpack,
for each of us of course, and that is all.
We fly there Sunday, August 25, 2013.
However our family wanted to have one last hoo-raw,
so we are off to Bear Lake this weekend.
Then come Sunday our flight is off! 
We will be going where the wind takes us.
An adventure with no cause,
heads up high and survival instinct kicked in.

To think this is happening is beyond me.
I couldn't be any more proud or terrified at the same time.
I don't feel one is ever ready for such a big move.
Living in Europe for 4 months.
No money, Just communication.
I feel like I will be using my social game to get me through all of this.
It seems to be my only hope! 

As for now, we're off to Bear Lake.
I will be ready.
I will enjoy myself.
I will carry on with strength and wisdom.
AND I WILL WRITE MORE! 

...stay tuned for more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment