Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 6 (Europe & Going)

We woke up pretty early,
Had to make it to breakfast, ya know?
When we pay for something we want
everything we can get from it.
It wasn't anything special.
Corn Flakes & Skim Milk (Yuck)...
Food is great no matter how bad though.
We quickly checked out soon after eating.
Not exactly sure where we planned on going.
We did decide that we needed more food.
So we headed to the local grocery store.

Good ol' Tesco's. 
It isn't fancy Irish food,
But a loaf of bread, can of beans, and jam.
All goes a long way. 
We took a risk by adding some jalapeƱos 
To add up flavor.
Great decision, beans + jalapeƱos 
Equal happy campers.
After that we wanted to go to the park.

Phoenix Park, supposedly biggest park in Europe. 
So we walked down the streets of Dublin.
I managed to score a few photos worth some gold.


The streets of Dublin are beautiful! 
I feel like you can look in any direction,
Take a photo, 
and bam now you're a pro photographer!
Any picture is a good picture here.

On our way we stopped at a Korean shop.
Looking for Siracha sauce.
Sadly they didn't have it, but I had fun 
speaking the little Korean I knew to the guy.
Turns out my Korean skills earned 
Darien and I a free Korean dinner!
He said he'd message us on Facebook 
sometime this week and he'd treat us.
Super great guy.
We hope to hear from him soon,
He gave us some great travel tips.
As does every great person we've ran into!

We made our way to the Dart, Trax.
Took our "free ride" to the park! 
Well till we heard Museum,
We got off at that stop because we had time.
Turns out we loved the museum so much 
that we spent the rest of the day in there!
Seriously,
Darien and I loved that place!
First off it was free,
Second it had so much history and 
amazing things to see.
Our cameras have over 150+ pictures
of that place alone. 




Honestly it was a blast.
The front desk even held our bags
while we toured around!

After the Museum we were exhausted,
So we went back to Isaacs Hostel,
Being a Friday night finding a cheap 
room is almost a joke! 
Even though we checked out of Isaacs
we used their lobby and abused wifi.
Found a cheap hostel called Spire Hostel.
Super cheap,
Now I could have gone cheaper,
Darien is very Frugal & Logical.
I'm more paranoid, intuitive, & safe.
Well now that I'm in Europe I am.
So since I do the bed finding
I usually will find a room with 6 beds
less people to rob us, 
And not a sketchy poor looking hostel,
Lots of homeless people use them.
Nor ridiculously priced hostels.
But a happy medium.
I know Darien wants us to go cheaper,
But being safe has hit me hard being away from home.

Going with that I've been homesick.
Really bad.
Thinking about home is hard.
I try to distract myself, but being in a 
foreign place, with no organization...
It's scary. And I never thought I was one
to run to home when I'm scared.
But I miss having stability.
So the best I can do is keep Darien & I 
safe till then. 

Regardless of my homesick problems,
We have been having fun.
It's not hard not to enjoy yourself here!

Anyways, I got us a 6 bed room for €14.
When we got there is was nice!
We always end up in the top of the stairs though.
Carrying giant backpacks up 3 flights..
It's exhausting.
Once we got there we were the first ones there.
We got to choose our beds and we had our own bathroom(: 
For that price we got an amazing deal!

We relaxed and Darien fell asleep fast!
He fell asleep around 8pm.
I however stayed up.
I caught up in my journal.
Partially on the blog.
I was behind but now I'm only kinda behind.

...And now I, I'm done with day 6.
I am now just going to take a break.

..ZZZzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment