Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 12 (Europe & Going... in Ireland!)

Did I ever mention how we don't need alarm clocks?
Well Darien might but I don't.
Everyone gets up and I'm a light sleeper.
Although because I went to bed late I wasn't happy I woke up.
Apparently someone put there stuff in my locker,
Lockers are under beds they roll out.
And so I had to get up out of bed 
so this girl could pull out her stuff.
It sucked, but I'm not sure I would have 
gotten up for breakfast had I not been 
forced out of bed(; 

We got to see Jordan for breakfast,
The girl we played card games with last night,
But Duncan & Rose weren't there.
They both were off doing there own thing.
Toast with tea seems to be a continental breakfast.
I thought European breakfasts were much bigger..
Doesn't change the fact that I'm very grateful for it!
Our day was unplanned so it started off slow.
Jordan didn't want to look for apartments that day 
so we decided to go to the Cliffs of Moher.
As we made our way out we saw 
Duncan on his bike coming in.
We invited him to come but Duncan explained that 
there was no way we'd walk there o_O

Apparently it's a 40 minute bike ride..
Walking would take forever! 
So we got the front desk to inform us 
of something to do.
We made plans to go to the beach(:
As we made our way there we found
a nice park to play at.
It was a giant grass field,
which honestly was everywhere so it 
wasn't any more spectacular than the 
next few hundred feet.
But we got caught up in a break.

Darien and I were wanting to do hands up stands up.
Apparently Jordan never knew how!
So we spent a good few hours at the park 
doing gymnastics and other silly park activities.

Like so...

The place was a blast!
It was nice having a fun play day.
However,
We got pretty tired so we didn't end up going to the beach.

BUT!!!!

We did get the good ol' barnacle gang,
Wow I like that term.. Barnacle Gang.
Barnacle is our hostel if I failed to mention that.
And we played card games!

Alright so this had to have been thee weirdest
thing I've experienced yet.
A scout group came in to our hostel!
They were staying here! 
It's weird because here are a bunch of college aged kids,
in a party city I must add, 
Drinking alcohol and a scout group comes in..
Also this scout group kicked us off our table.
Now I grew up a scout and I understand 
if you need somewhere to sit and all,
But man.... 
We were so into our card game! 

We made due, and sat on the floor .__.
Safe to say we didn't play long after that.
So went to gather in the lounge.
Met a few more cool people,
they showed us more card games.
Then we went out into the city! 

Galway is for sure the biggest party town.
You see student aged kids everywhere!
Another great thing is we get in most club/pubs free!
With our tight budget we didn't buy 
alcohol but we didn't really need it.
People buy you shots left and right,
But knowing our situation, we played it safe.

Awesome Irish music!(;

We can only stay there so long before they get boring.
So we ended up calling it a night early.
Talked a bit to our friends in the lounge,
and now we are off to bed!

Due to shortage of time to write these, 
and boring post updates to speed up,
I'll only be posting weekly! 
Gotta keep the posts more exciting!

Family. Friends.
I Love and miss you all dearly!

Fellow readers!
I appreciate you're time!

STAY TUNED FOR MORE EXCITING POSTS!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment