Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Europe & Going... Our last week in Ireland!

CORK!
WE FINALLY GOT THERE!
Did I forget to mention previously that we tried walking there?
Yeah that was a terrible idea.
However once I got there I was sick ;(
I was sick for a good amount of days when we were there...
So most of our time in Cork was spent
sleeping, eating, or watching Naruto..
Darien actually reads, he does enjoy reading everyone!

Regardless of our lame adventures in Cork,
we managed to make a lot of friends at the hostel!
The first were two from Denmark.
Amuse (Mouse) & Tanja (Pronounced like Tanya)
We played cards a lot,
Darien & I have been this whole trip,
I of course showed my great magic trick, which failed...
However cards have been a great investment for the trip.
A eased path for bringing in new friends.

After Mouse and Tanja left we became losers.
Don´t judge us! 
This trip has been exhausting and I was sick!
One of the days I was feeling better
we did go visit a museum...
It was interesting.. 
European art loves the human body. 



Hopefully you don´t see anything unappealing.
The museum wasn´t anything extraordinary.
It was free after all so we couldn´t have asked for much.

Later on,
Cork had this amazing farmers market,
Sadly I didn´t take pictures but it was beautiful!
We bought some delicous mushrooms & onions
to add to our typical pasta dinner.
Our dinners always involve pasta,
but we are becoming experts at making delicous food!
Cheap budget means having to cook.
All the hostel guests be jealous.
Just kidding... kind of.

That night we made friends and went out.
It wasn´t too great.
I didn´t drink much because I was sick.
Plus the people we went with were meh.
I guess we ditched the first,
and the second we followed to a 21+ bar.
Obviously we couldn´t get in so we walked back home.

However it wasn´t terrible because
in the end Darien and I got to have an awesome talk.
We talk about random stuff.
Making up philosophies and
finding answers to challenging questions.
So that was fun.
Didn´t sleep well that night but it ended great.

The next day we decided to get up.
We walked around Cork and experienced it.
Our rule is we can´t stay in a city we don´t explore.
So we walked around and saw the sights!

Below is the decieving clock tower.
It lies!
The time it gives you is always wrong!
Beautiful church though, we had the option
to ring the bells for €4 but our cheap budets said otherwise.

Haha... This is the old prison.
After it became a radio station,
Then a museum.
Amazing place but it was €7 to get in.
The reason I find this funny is because
we asked to go to the gift shop.
bought a few post cards and made our way for the other door.
Totally snuck in.
We got to see the prison cells
and then.. BAM caugh red handed in a prison cell.
We got in trouble and were kicked out of prison.
Ironic, no? 

Alright,
You must understand graffiti is everywhere.
Not just Ireland but all over Europe!
And they seem to have talented artist who love mario.
So I took this one and the one below it was from Dublin.
Dublin--v


But yes Cork is beautiful.
This day I felt much better too.
Our last day.
That night we stayed up and made german friends.
Played cards, i´m telling you cards equal friends!
My magic trick is failing.
More people are figuring it out.
But the card games continue to keep up the slack.

Afterwards Darien and I caught up on our vices.
I catch up on the Naruto series,
while Darien reads his pendragon books.
We didn´t stay up since we had to check out early.

The next day we were off to Cork Airport.
So we packed up and were on our way!
Funny enough we said goodbye to our german friends,
they left earlier than us.
But later at the bus station we found that we
were riding together! So it was nice.

Once we got to the airport we had to put all liqud/sharp objects
in my bag since it would be our check bag.
and also somehow figure out how to turn Darien´s bag into a check bag...
it wasn´t easy. But we managed!
We made it through security and did fine.
This is us taking our plane.
Apparently you get on the plane outside.
It was weird but exciting.



Our flight was a little sketch.
But we couldn´t expect much for a €7 ticket.
Yes, €7 which is about $10.
It was with Ryan Air too and they aren´t terrible,
but nothing special either.
Later to come, SPAIN! 
I believe I´ll post on Sunday.

SO STAY TUNED!
This hostel has computers so it´s amazing!
I can actually make my posts look somewhat better ^_^

TILL SUNDAY!









No comments:

Post a Comment